I wanted to share our latest experience with our Vibe Israel project – starting with this announcement: It is NOT easy to eat great food all week!! Seriously.
Just 2 weeks ago we completed our 4th tour, this time a Food Blogging tour for 5 bloggers who have over 14 million unique readers per month.
It was a tour full of great experiences, tastes and personal connections – the Israelis involved were vested in the project as much as Kinetis and the international bloggers were!
Throughout the tour the bloggers tweeted, posted on Facebook and blogged about their experiences – we definitely managed to change their opinion about Israel but more importantly, managed to influence their over 14 million readers to come visit Israel!!!
Here are few snippets from Twitter:
Throughout the week we did many things, all culinary related of course, with some surprising twists. At any given moment, we were surrounded by locals from the culinary scene. Some of the tours highlights include the following:
- Jerusalem – Culinary tour of the Old City and Machne Yehuda Market
- We got up front and personal with local celebrity chefs including Eyal Shani (HaSalon, Tel Aviv), Ezra Kedem (Arcadia, Jerusalem), Haim Tibi (Muscat, Mizpe Hayamim)Aviv Moshe (Messa, Tel Aviv)
- Lunch at an Arabic Restaurant – Haj Kahil
- A Tour of Bnei Barak’s Sabbath food preperations
- Nightlife culinary tour of Tel Aviv (took place duringthe Tel Aviv White Night, right after the Bnei Barak tour – an extra special contrast effect)
- Innovation session with Israeli start-ups that have products especially made for food bloggers (a must-have session when in ‘The Start-up Nation’!)
- Home hospitality – Friday night dinner at a lovely home in Newe Zedek (Tel Aviv)
- Visit The Volcani Institute’s squash and zucchini farms
- Tour of Strauss’ humus and salad factory in Carmiel
- One-on-one sessions with local food bloggers who took them to their favorite places
Here are some of the posts that came out from all the activities. You can read all the posts here (be sure to check this page once in a while, because there will be more coming!):
Here’s one impression from the other side (a local food bloggers) who was very excited: A meeting with David Lebovitz
In addition, we made headlines in the local press, including a full segment on national TV – Channel 2’s prime time Friday night news (mainly in Hebrew, worth watching until the end to hear Kerstin’s take on Israel & the Israelis) : http://www.mako.co.il/news-channel2/Friday-Newscast/Article-ad7c4fe6b893831018.htm
To sum it all up, here’s a short clip we made: